Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, May 07, 2005

To stay or not to stay......

An uneasy truce is how the day was spent. The yard sale was so-so. I did not go out, but it was a moot point because there was no need for me to. I probably would have if I had been needed. I did sleep til I woke (if you know what I mean), making no attempt to be up and ready to be of help. I did not feel guilty, which was good.

I spent an easy day, not doing much at all. After the end of the yard sale, J, son #2, and son #3 went to a movie. I was invited, but opted to stay home with a rum and coke and Brit coms. It was nice to have a couple hours of alone time.

My daughter called with news that she got a job offer. A good offer, but not quite as good as she was hoping for. She will have to drive over an hour, but she wants to stay in the city where she finished grad school. She has turned down two jobs with the FBI because of that. Her journey, her choice.

I'm looking forward to a fine Mother's Day tomorrow - NOT! I'll most likely help finish cleaning out the storage building and packing up all the unsold crap. It's things like that that interrupt the flow of our lives, and those things have nothing to do with us. Those things are part of J's life that he won't let go of. They don't include me and the kids. He has so much baggage that he won't give up that there is not much room for us.

Happy Mother's Day to one and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home