Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ouch!



Just pop back in for a short visit and let me check this bonding I just finished on your teeth, he said a couple of weeks ago. ....That should have been my first clue. There is no such thing as a short, routine dentist visit for me.

But....back I went, thinking how pleasant it was to be heading to the dentist with nothing more in store than opening my mouth, having him look at my teeth, and hearing him say, "Fine. No problem. Buh Bye."

Well....that didn't happen. One look in my mouth, at the teeny little white bump on my gum and he uttered the dreaded words--abscess & root canal.

So....that's how I spent most of yesterday morning. Sitting in a dentist chair undergoing yet another root canal. ....I'm getting to be such an old-hand at these, I think I could almost do one on myself. :(

All in all, it went well. I didn't feel a thing--thank the good lord! The new dentist did the procedure, and I was so nervous about that. I've been going to my dentist for so long that we've got our dance down pat. There was a new rhythm with the new dentist--but we did okay. I guess I have to get used to it because my dentist is gearing down to retire. He hates doing root canals so I agreed to trust the new guy who's going to take over. New guy's good, but....he looks like a baby! So young! And....I swear to God I felt his hands shaking at first....

But....all's well now. Some soreness. I always get the pain prescription filled, but never end up taking more than one or two. It helps knowing they're there/here. My main pains are a stiff neck and back after being so tense for so long.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Hope things go better soon.
My dentist visits are never short either. What's up with THAT?

6:55 PM

 
Blogger Peter Dubois said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:06 AM

 
Anonymous Peter Dubois said...

I found one of good dental services, they provide 24/7 emergency dental care. Check out here: https://expressdentist.com/

5:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home