Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, July 29, 2006

What do pina coladas and Mormons have in common?


Probably nothing, but....somehow, today, they both ended up at my house at the same time. A litte bit embarrassing for me, but not really my fault. It was, of course, my husband, J's, fault. He's the one who asked me to make a pitcher full of the cold, yummy drinks. So....I did.

And....while the blender was doing its thing -- loudly -- the doorbell rang. I didn't hear it. J did. He answered. There were two guys from the Mormon church standing outside saying they were just dropping by to invite us to their services Sunday. (Do you think they knew what I was doing? Or....is wondering something like that a sign of my Southern Baptist upbringing -- aka, guilt?)

Anywho....they were standing on my front porch melting. J invites them in to cool off. (I'm still in the kitchen with the blender.) I didn't pay attention when J came in and fixed two big glasses of icewater. (Those pina coladas need watching, don't cha know?) That's why when I walked out with a pitcher full of the frozen drink I was quite surpried. ....Maybe they thought it was just frozen lemonaid??

I've never been known to think fast on my feet, so I just stood there for a couple of minutes trying to decide whether or not to offer them a glass. Probably best that I didn't. I, of course, figured out who they were at once. I'm not sure if it's because most religions think my neighborhood is in need of saving or what, but we have just about every sect visiting pretty regularly.

They stayed and chatted for a few minutes. Such nice young men. They had just come to BR last week -- one from Nevada and one from Utah.

The only problem I had (other than feeling like a degenerate alcoholic) was trying to figure out why whoever sent them out didn't send water with them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah D said...

Great picture. Beautiful.

9:46 PM

 
Blogger east village idiot said...

The first sentence of this hilarious post deserves an award. What a visual...and by the way - I love pina coladas!

12:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home