Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Shrimp......

Left-over boiled shrimp = quick and easy shrimp casserole for supper the next night.

That was the idea anyway. Of course, I had to shell the shrimp (which is no fun, but worth it in the end). Unfortunately, that's where I ran into my problem, because the process ended up going like this: Shell, shell, shell, eat one, shell, shell, shell, eat one, shell, shell, eat one, shell, eat one, shell, eat one, eat one.... Can you tell where this is going?

After all the eating work shelling the shrimp, I ended up with a much smaller amount than the recipe called for. So....I had to make a smaller casserole than intended, then...boil corn, make slaw, fix hushpuppies, and make more mint tea since I drank much of the first batch while eating preparing the shrimp.

Left-over boiled shrimp (doesn't necessarily) = quick and easy supper the next night.


And while we're speaking of shrimp -- I love the way they interchange 'shrimp' and 'shrimps' down here. While standing in line to buy some shrimp, it's not at all unusual to hear someone say, "Give me 5 pound of shrimps." Or, "I'm gonna boil me some shrimps tonight." Part on the spice of south Louisiana, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

I have never had left over shrimp in my life...not ever..it's just too much to hope for with the nonstop eaters I hang out with.

5:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home