Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Monday, June 05, 2006

A Stranger to My Own Blog......

I've been really, really lazy re blogging lately. There are reasons -- to be mentioned at a later date. ;) I've been sitting here trying to compose an upbeat post, but nothing's working. I keep hitting the 'delete' key. So....I guess I'll just bitch talk about what's really on my mind tonight.

I heard a local tv anchor say (on air) that she didn't know if she was going to make it through this summer.

Upon hearing that I realized that what I most want to do is leave this place and not look back. It's hot. Temps hit 90's in March/April and haven't let up. It's humid. I would venture that the humidity is around 1090%. Hurricane season's here. All you hear on tv and radio is --personal responsibility; the state gov't can't take care of you so don't expect it to happen (no duh!); no shelters below I-10; shelters won't be listed -- if you need one you'll be told where you're going after you're loaded up on the buses (oh! they're going to actually use the buses this time around??); no you can't pull your FEMA trailer when you're told to evacuate (ummm, can't wait to see the powers-that-be try and stop someone from pulling their trailer containg everything they own out of harm's way); if your FEMA (ew!) trailer is destroyed --tough shit! you'll have to start the process of obtaining a new one all over again; start preparing for a hurricane NOW -- you know what you need so let's get our butts in gear and start buying that water those batteries etc; national guardsmen in New Orleans are learning to drive buses, Baton Rouge can't handle what we have now -- so don't come here; if Baton Rouge takes a hit will the last one to leave the state please turn off the lights (assuming they've been turned back on)....

I know the paragraph above is one big blur and no one can (easily) make any sense of it. That's what it's been sounding like the past couple of weeks around here. Without saying it, people who should be reassuring and instructive are in effect saying: we don't know what to do and the 5th season's started so everybody....JUST RUN! From the atmosphere around town you'd think there was already a storm in the Gulf.

And what is our esteemed legislature doing? Well they are debating 'cock (rooster) fighting'. I think they decided there was no reason to make it illegal. As one proponent said, "I'd rather be a rooster in a rooster fight than a chicken at Burger King."

Isn't it sad that his comment made more sense than anything else we've heard lately?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Oh, I am so glad you posted. I visit often, and was worried you feel off the blog wagon.

6:25 AM

 
Blogger ellesu said...

Deb, LOL! I'm back and rarin' to go.

Thanks for stopping by.

7:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home