Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The landscaper finally called......

Actually, someone from his office called to say that the estimate was ready. The caller asked if she could drop off the estimate tomorrow. She told me not to wait on her - that if I wasn't home she would just leave the papers on the door. Now I think that was so nice and thoughtful. A man would have just said he'd be by with the estimate tomorrow and I'd think I'd need to be here so I'd wait around all day until he came and I'd be pissed because I was waiting and....

On second thought, maybe the price is so ridiculously high that she's embarrassed to be here when I see it??

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

One thing I do know is that I've got to get something done about those flower beds in front. Years ago I made to mistake of putting Asian jasmine in the beds for ground cover and now the frickin' stuff is trying to take over my house! In this place where I live, you have to be very careful what you plant. If the plant happens to relly like its environment, it'll try to eat you up - house and all. And it happens so quickly. If I don't take control, I can hear it now. There will be people walking by on the sidewalk and they will look at the huge mound of vines. One person will look at the other and say, "Didn't there used to be a house there?"

BTW, the stinging caterpillars are here. Happy frickin' spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home