Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Lost Ornament....Found..

I found it -- the lost ornament. It was hanging right over my head....hanging over the doorway that we go in and out the most every day and night. Now I hope that little nagging voice in the back of my mind (where exactly is the back of one's mind??) will GO AWAY!

This year's forgotten ornament was a precious little fuzzy green wreath with a tiny red bow. Son #3 made it in kindergarten (or was it 1st grade?). As I packed it away, I could see his tiny hands as they worked so hard (years ago) to get the fluffy-ness just right. The little girls in his class were proudly showing off their finished products as the little boys were becoming more and more frustrated. Why is it that girls always seem ahead of boys at tasks like that?

I remember all this because I was usually a 'helper mom' at most of son #3's school trips and projects. You see, while this was/is a 'good' school academically, their take on watching out for the kids was a tad bit different than mine. They would pray over the kids before class trips and then (or so it seemed to me) let come what would. Freaked me out! But....maybe it goes to show that I need to work on my faith.

Anywho....I couldn't help but noticed how large and capable son #3's hands had become as he reached up and took the lost/found ornament down. ....Where does the time go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home