Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, January 06, 2006

Twelfth Night......

Twelfth Night means one thing down my way....Mardi Gras, and King Cakes! (Okay, make that two things.)

Yes, ma'am. The King Cakes are in town, and....on the shelves. And they are selling out. :)

There will indeed be a Mardi Gras in the Big Easy (which is not so easy at the moment), but it's not going to be the same. Probably never will be the same. Carnival will be shorter (7/8 days, I think), and corporate sponsored (which is the real bummer), but there will be a party. That's something.

So, get the tree down, get the King Cake, get the beads and throws ready, and....

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home