Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Perversity of Cats......

I've never liked cats - the way they sneak up on you, the way they stalk, the way they used to always seem ready to pounce on me from atop my grandmother's tall armoires (or chiffrobes, as she used to call them). My grandmother had a house full of armoires/chiffrobes because her house had no closets, and she had a house full of cats because her house had mice. Eww....I don't know which must have been worse for her - having a house full of daughters and no closets, or a house full of mice! Umm....I don't remember ever seeing a single mouse so maybe that was just an excuse to have the cats? Who knows!

Unfortunately, cats have always liked me. No joke. Always..any time I go somewhere and there is a cat present, you can bet that the cat will be in my lap as soon as I sit down. People say things like, "Oh, look how Fluffy loves you!" or "Well, bless my soul! That cat never takes to people like he/she does to you."

I just smile and smile and smile. :) BUT..I know the truth. That damn cat knows I can't stand it. And....it knows I'd never tell!

So, as I sit here typing, my daughter's cat, Cassie (who's lived with me for how many years now??) is in the chair with me, on her back with her nose in the air. And I know in my heart that she's laughing inside her perverse little kitty mind because she knows I want nothing more than to push her out of my chair. Only problem is, when I try to push her away, she thinks I'm playing with her. She doesn't understand someone being mad at her (or is she just pretending?!?!). She, on the other hand, will from time to time, turn over and push me with her head when she wants more room.

Who's training who here?

So, I sit here typing away while sniffing, coughing, and constantly wiping my eyes and nose.

Sheesh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home