Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, June 10, 2006

I just could be the subject of someone's sermon Sunday morning......

It happened in Wal*Mart. (it can only go downhill from there, huh?) J and I stopped in to pick up a couple of those gallon (at least that's how much they seem to weigh) bottles of Carlo Rossi Sangria. We have this friend who adds all sorts of things to this cheap-o inexpensive wine and ends up with his own killer version of Sangria. So....the afternoon and evening was going to be spent watching World Cup soccer and college baseball and eating.

The menu was Mexican: Nachos, tamales, enchiladas, chips and salsa, guacamole and peanut butter pie.

So into Wal*Mart we go. We load our buggy with wine and head to checkout. After we pay and are walking away from the register we see this man sitting in one of those motorized buggies. He is openly staring at us and as we pass by he asks what's in the big jugs. J(always the joker)replys that it's his wife's (that would be 'me') drink supply for the weekend. Verrrrrry funny!

We wondered why the man didn't laugh, smile, or react until....we heard a woman walk up to him and say, "How are you doin' Reverend...."

2 Comments:

Blogger Learn that Poem said...

I started blogging today...technically yesterday-It's so late it's now tomorrow! So, I started clicking "next blog" and came across your blog...I currently live in the Florida Panhandle and am well aware of hurricanes and Wal-mart. haha Great Blog! Thanks.

11:09 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Oh.
My.
God.
Hilarious....

7:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home