Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Thanksgiving's Over, Now We Face Down Christmas....

Hope everyone had a Thanksgiving that included at least one good memory. Jim and I met our NC kiddos at one of our favorite places - Gulf Shores, AL. A healing place for me. We didn't make it down there all last summer - not because of the oil, but because of personal finances (Jim was laid off). Things are all better now - both on the job front and on the lovely beaches. Gazing at nature's beauty made us realize how ugly the effects of greed and stupid decision making can be. The only reminder of last summer - the summer of oil - was the occasional sign instructing how to remove oil, and the closed businesses. People and businesses on the coast are working so very hard to stay afloat and maintain the unique lifestyle. Like New Orleans, ain't much gonna hold that beautiful Gulf Coast down - too many people love it so much!

Thanksgiving's behind us and Christmas looms - I wish I could look forward to it instead of counting the days until it's over. Maybe one day. Again I face the problems of getting everyone together (and figuring out who's bringing who - and how many), what everyone's into now so I'll know what to give them, and where we'll be for the big day. It's been many years since I waited this long to shop. Just a couple of hours ago, son #3 emailed me his list - he is in school so I must be somewhat patient. Right? Thank the good Lord it was a simple list, and one that could be handled entirely online. He's a good kid (and knows how his mom shops).

The big problem so far this year started last week - the day before we were leaving for the beach. Jim accepted a new job - in Oregon. I refused to think about it until yesterday when he told me he has to be up there in a week and a half! Yep. Talk about a fly in the ointment. Can I just think about all this crap tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home