Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, December 09, 2006

British ale......



So......two of my children are going to London (stopping in NYC going and coming) for Christmas. Yes, they are going to two of the most expensive cities in the world at one of the busiest times of the year. They dream big!

They have rented an apartment just outside of London -- Canary Wharf -- so it won't be quite as expensive as if they were staying in the city itself, I guess. They have tickets to several shows and plan to hit some museums and pubs, and maybe take a couple of day trips. There will be five of them and I know they are going to have a wonderful time.

My son's history professor this semester, has lived and taught in England for a couple of years. When my son mentioned his London Christmas trip his professor told him to stop by his office and he would give him some pointers. They got together this week.

Today, I talked to my son and asked him what his professor had told him. My son said his professor stressed how much stronger British ale was than what we have in the USA. He told him he'd seen some Americans get really messed up.

Okay, I said. And....did he say anything else?

Oh, yeah, says my son. He said the Brits call our beer chemical warfare.

Now, I really hope his professor had a tad more info to impart....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home