Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Blue angels with my morning coffee......



So, we're at the beach. (Deep sigh of relaxation!) And this morning as I was standing at the kitchen window pouring my first cup of coffee and preparing to slice some yummy Burris yeast bread for toast, something in the sky caught my eye. It was the Blue Angles. They practice every day this month just down from where we're staying, someone told me. So....for the next hour J. and I stood on the balcony and oohhhh-ed and ahhhhh-ed at their marvelous acrobatics.

There was one unsettling moment when four of the planes climbed high into the sky, turned upside down (allowing the sun to reflect patches of yellow from the planes), positioned themselves nose down as they headed straight toward the water, and then straightened out before climbing once again. As they were leveling off from their dive -- preparing to fly parallel to the ground until they started climbing again , from our 12th floor balcony it looked to me as if they were going to be headed straight toward us! We are staying in the last tower on the west end of the beach.

As it turned out, they flew off in the oposite direction. But for one instant, I wondered if that was how all those many people felt on 9/11 seeing the planes headed for them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

How TOTALLY exciting to have seen them in the air!

5:42 PM

 
Blogger ellesu said...

Hi deb! They are beautiful planes, and so powerful. I know it's silly, but I feel so proud (and glad they are ours) when they fly over.

7:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home