Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Now I'm wondering......



Son #1 once had a girlfriend from St. Louis. Sweet girl. Very weird mom. For a while I thought she was to be my daughter-in-law (the daughter -- not the mom), but....it didn't happen. I was reminded of her tonight while watching the latest Netflix, "Waiting for Guffman."

You see, she told the story that her family was from St. Louis by accident. The story goes that one of her ancestors was headed to California to settle. For some reason, once he arrived in St. Louis he thought he was in California so he stayed. ....Now, I never could figure out if I should find that story quaint or if I should worry about future grandchildren with horrendous senses of direction.

Nevertheless, imagine my surprise to hear basically the same story on "Waiting for Guffman." The movie says that Blaine Fabian (I think) was on his way to California, arrived in Blaine, MO and thought he was in California -- so, he stayed. Too much of a coincidence. I'm not saying that it couldn't have happened in real life and then been thought up for the movie, but....I have my doubts.

The Guffman movie was cute -- and fairly short. The only problem was that it reminded J. of how much he liked "A Mighty Wind," so he pops it into the CD player and I had to sit through it. I missed Criminal Minds -- a tv program that amazes me. The things that happen on that show....I cannot imagine how a human being can think that way.

1 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

You're either into christopher guest or you're not! I haven't seen criminal minds...because I live near too many of them.

6:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home