Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Biscuits & gravy, black cats and white paint......



Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Since it's only me and J. this year (this has never happened before), I'm planning a manageable meal. I picked up some chicken breasts stuffed with cornbread dressing at the meat store -- along with some yams. I'm going to pop a green bean casserole in the oven -- along with some Sister Schubert's rolls. That and the pecan pie I made last night will be it. ....If I hadn't made biscuits and gravy this morning, I could even say it would be a somewhat healthy day. Oh, well!

It's going to be a chilly, wet weekend, so seafood gumbo and cornbread tomorrow. Along with pecan sandies. Then Saturday, for the Iron Bowl(which I refuse to watch), we'll have meat pies and corn casserole along with left overs. I love having the menu planned out like that.

So, enjoy your day everyone. Travel safely, eat with gusto, give thanks for six things, and....if anyone knows how to get white paint off a black cat, I'd appreciate hearing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home