Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Let's talk about the mail......



I was all set to come on here and compliment the USPS. ....Glad I didn't jump the gun.

You see, since the storms, our mail is being delivered later and later. Like 7 p.m. And....all too often pieces are ripped, then stuck in an envelope with a note saying it got caught in a machine.

I'm not complaining. At least it's making it here. But I must admit, I was beginning to feel like the columist in our local paper when he said that sooner or later the mail would most likely be arriving in the wee hours, just as dawn was breaking.

So, imagine my surprise when I walked outside Tuesday morning and saw the little yellow thingie on the side of the mailbox that pops up when there's mail in the box -- was up. I looked in and, yep! There was indeed mail inside. Same thing happened all week. I'd go out in the moring and -- voila! Mail! In daylight!

Even this morning, bright and (not so) early, there was mail in the box. But....alas, all good things must come to an end. J. came home early today -- around 4 p.m. and....brought in the mail. Again.

Were they delivering twice a day now? Confused the dickens out of me until.... I figured out that we'd just forgotten to bring it in one night and then when I found it the next morning, I thought it was that day's mail.

So, nothing's changed. Mail's still late. Except on the occasional day like today when he makes it by before dark.

I guess you can tell how exciting my week's been since I have time to obsess over something like what time the mail gets here. Actually, son #2 went back to NC with his sister and brother so I've been trying to reclaim the room he's been living in. Not an easy job. It seems all I've been doing for the last two days is going through stacks of paper and throwing things away. How does so much stuff accumulate so quickly?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home