Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, June 10, 2010

To the nice lady who followed me around Walmart yesterday....

you know who you are: the one who was wandering the aisles - looking as lost as me. The one who...happened to hear the snarly comment I made about being in Walmart instead of Target because (well....because of a number of factors we won't go into here); when you heard that comment you sort of latched onto me. You remember - we became basket-pushin' buddies for about 15 minutes (even tho it seemed like an eternity) while you pointed out your Walmart-finds? You remember. You mentioned if we had been in Target we could have had a cup of coffee while shopping - or after shopping on our way to the car. (The fact that that reminder brought a tear to my eye didn't even phase you. It was then and there that I decided you probably weren't dangerous.)

Anywho....today I have this to say to you: Yes, the cantaloupe you insisted I buy was (ummmm....I cannot tell a lie) it was okay. Maybe not as good as you said when you found me (once again) in the produce section to show it to me and insist I buy it, and..even seemed to wait the at the store exit to ask if I had the melon. Did you think I'd put it back on the display once you left? Got cha! I figured that - that's why the huge cantaloupe was carved this morning and why cantaloupe will be part of most every menu for quite a few days. Oh! before I forget - thank you for your intended kindness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home