Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Windows are in....

They installed the replacement windows Tuesday and they are nice. So....my week and weekend has been consumed with cleaning up plaster dust. I think we've about got it now. I had something scheduled for every day last week, and I'm so looking forward to some free catch-up days this week.

We went boating Friday with some friends. I didn't like it. It was HOT and I'm just not a boater. We didn't stay out too long and we had a good meal at a place along the river, so it wasn't a total bust. I'm glad it's over. You see, I have this thing in the back of my mind that warns me to stay away from water. I have this feeling that, if I'm not careful, one day I'm going to find myself in water, in a horrible situation, and (this is the worst part)I'm going to realize -- I could have avoided it if.

....Okay. I hear you snickering. It's silly but I don't like tempting fate. As much as I like being near or around water, I don't like being on or in water. Oh, well. I survived this time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I'd say follow your instincts and just look at the water! Why not?

7:53 PM

 
Blogger east village idiot said...

I don't think you are being silly. You should follow your intuition. It isn't like water hasn't taken it's toll down there.

6:14 PM

 
Blogger ellesu said...

I agree with both you ladies. That's one reason I'm looking for a cabin in the mountains. (Plus the heat-factor won't be as bad.)

I don't think about the water-thing much, but when I do, I wonder if it's a left over from a past life or a warning for the future. I don't even know if I believe in past lives, so.....best be careful.

7:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home