Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day revisited....

I hope every mom had a good day. Even if you're in a place where it's difficult, I hope that at some point during the day you were able to muster up some hope and maybe a couple of good memories. Sometimes it takes sheer determination to navigate this mom-thing.

In one way or another, I heard from all four of my off spring so it was a good day for me. A very good day. J. really surprised me. His presents were thoughtful and appropriate. (I'm not trying to start anything here. I'm just saying....) We also had a good shawarma meal and a hearty red wine to go with it. My North Carolina kids sent me the neatest blanket. It's a cable knit and super soft. They saw if on Grey's Anatomy (I think). My daughter had gotten one and really likes it so I guess every roommate's mom received one, too. My Oregon child ended my day in a way I would expect from him. He called while we were out eating but called back around 10:30 pm (he has no regard for the time diff). Something was wrong with the connection so I didn't get to actually talk to him -- I just heard him saying, "Can you hear me? Can you hear me? Can you hear me?" As he was yelling this, it sounded like a dozen voices in the background screaming -- HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! He likes to bring lots of other peple into whatever he does. So, I know he's alive and kickin'. Yes. It was a very good day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I'm glad it was a great day and you heard from all you kids. Mother's day is easier than Father's day. Oh, I just remembered, I'll be on vacation. Too bad :)

6:55 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

So good that you had a day that was special and meaningful. It can be hard for some.

4:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home