Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, March 21, 2009

How is it possible....

for two people who have been married forever more years than I care to count, can be so different?!? Just so everyone's on the same page....I'm talking about me and J. I won't go into detail but suffice it to say that today has been one of those hard days many marriages have. A very hard day.

We do things so differently it's not even funny. Here's an example that might explain how today's gone. We received a coupon from Lowe's for $10 off a $50 purchase and $25 off a $250 purchase. So....off to Lowe's we go. We get an umbrella for the outside (plus a stand), tomato plants, other veggie and herb plants, topsoil, and mulch. I wish I'd kept my mouth shut about the larger coupon, but I didn't. So....we get to the checkout and find our total to be a little over $200. I say, "Just use the $10 coupon." But....NooooooOOOOOoooo. J tells the checker to add as many bags of mulch as needed to bring the total up to $250. &%$@!

So, now, we have a shitpot amount of mulch and, what really bugs me, is that we spent our savings in mulch!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ellen said...

You deserve a nice stiff drink. We've all been down that road in one way or the other. As Bill Clinton said - I feel your pain.

evi

7:58 PM

 
Blogger Cheryl said...

Well, you won't have to worry about mulch for a while. And the store got your husband to do just what it had in mind. So sorry!

3:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home