Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, March 12, 2009

New teeth &....

a new coffee pot! I am a very contented person (a somewhat headachy-contented person because of holding my mouth open so long at the dentist yesterday and the pressing he did on the new teeth as he glued them on, but....).

So. Yesterday I finally had my new bridge and caps delivered. My persnickety dentist finally decreed them ready for my mouth. The real bummer was having to be at his office by 8 am. Trying to get anywhere in this town most times of day -- especially drive-times -- is a chore. But, I made it fine (even tho I have to drive down this blvd that is one continuous school zone at that time of morning. A long school zone.) I was scheduled for the entire morning -- 8 am - 12 pm -- and it could have taken that long, but luck was with me (and my mouth) and I was driving away (with new teeth) by 9:30.

I stopped by Lowes and Target to look for outdoor stuff to put on the patio. I didn't find anything I wanted so I came home and ordered the items I had waiting in my shopping cart at, atwestend's web site. Has anyone seen them? Some might consider what they offer tacky, but tacky seems to be right up my alley. I don't know how they are going to ship the things I order but I trust they do. I even thought to check and found a 10% off your first order coupon that really helped with the shipping. I'm anxious for the colorful do-dads I ordered to get here.

Here's the best part of yesterday. But let me explain first....when my 4 children were growing up, on each child's birthday the other three would get a token unbirthday gift. They thought it was because they were loved so much -- and it was (partly). Also, as any parent will know, it helped ease any jealousy on the part of those whose birthday it wasn't. I learned this little parenting technique from my mom. It made for more pleasant birthdays in our house.

So....getting to the point..Sunday was my daughter's birthday and she told me she had sent me and her dad an unbirthday gift from her. It was a Keurig single cup coffee brewing system -- I call it a coffee pot. But what a coffee pot! I love it. Really, really love it. A. also sent an assortment of K-cup samples -- which I've been busy sampling. I can't believe it's taken me so long to find this little gem. I gave it one try and it instantly changed the way I drink coffee. No more bad coffee that's been sitting in the pot for too long. My French press is nice but the Keurig is so much easier. So much easier!

Oh! I also discovered Abita's Strawberry beer at Target. Yum! Coffee and beer! What a day!

Now if I can just get those cellular shades ordered....

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

So we both have new teeth! I'm so happy to have that hole gone. It still feels a little strange on that side of my mouth, but I'm getting used to it.

I don't know what I want in a coffee pot. I switched out to single cups, then back to my machine. Aren't the pods expensive? That's what's held me back from trying them.

4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home