Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm becoming less inclined to doubt movie plots now....

Have you ever found yourself wondering where script writers get their ideas? Have you ever found yourself watching a movie thinking....that never happens in real life? And then, have you ever had something happen in your life that you only thought happened in the movies? I had that happen once in the boonies of central Louisiana (of all places) when some friends and I ended up in the same restaurant where the husband of one friend was rendezvousing with his hussy. You'd think (and hope) this would be one of those once in a lifetime events and would not happen again. But, it has, and it's really, really weird. Again, thank the good lord, it didn't happen to me (I'd probably be in jail because I don't think I'd handle it too well), but it happened to someone I care about and it's sad.

I won't go into details but....imagine, on your anniversary, going out to lunch with a gal friend, driving down the road to the restaurant and seeing your husband's truck in front of you. Something strikes you as wrong because he's supposed to be at work, so the two of you follow him -- right to an apartment complex. He doesn't even notice you as he gets out and goes into an apartment. In fact, he doesn't even notice that you and your friend get out of the car and follow him. In fact, once inside the apartment he doesn't even bother locking the door behind him (which was apparently left unlocked for him), allowing you and your friend to walk right in -- finding him lying on the bed (still dressed except for his shoes). And then his (fill in the blank) walks out of the bathroom -- not so fully dressed.

Again, this happens on your anniversary. Why do people do things like that?

Sounds like a movie, huh? I've gotta tell you....it's getting to the point that I think twice about going out for lunch with friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home