Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, January 16, 2009

Burrrr....

It's cold down here in the swamps. The temps dipped into the 20's last night and will return there tonight. The weatherpeople have been warning us about it all week. In fact, I think they started talking about it last week. I've never lived in a place that gets so excited about the weather. But, then again, around these parts, the weather, and the Gulf, bear watching. So we'll get all excited and make soup and chili and wear our few winter clothes before it warms up again.

I'm in a reading mood but I can't seem to find a book in my waiting to be read pile that interests me. See. Another reason why I need a Kindle. I found some more bargains online yesterday. Actually, I saw them in a catalog and then went online to look some more and then buy. Don't you love those first-of-the-year clearances? I've learned very quickly that we're going to need insulated window coverings for the new French doors in the bedroom. I've got heavy drapes that work for winter but the bedspread that goes with them in way to heavy for the summers down here -- it's really too heavy for the winters but who knew that before odering? So....I found some insulated curtains that I hope will go with the bedspread I use in the summers (actually I use it most of the year). I also bought a coverlet to coordinate with the summer bedspread so in case the color of the new curtains is not exactly right, maybe the coverlet will blend the colors -- or whatever it should do. I'm no decorator. I just hope it works. All were on clearance. :)

That's about it. Except....I cannot wait until inauguration day, how about you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I can't wait till Tuesday. I have my Obama inauguration t-shirt washed and ready to wear. I took the day off work. To watch it on my TV. Can you imagine how crazy it is here, with my living so close to DC? And I know a lot of people who plan on attending, one way or another.

4:28 PM

 
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I am SO excited about tomorrow. I bet I will cry for sure!

6:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home