Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"I am so glad to see swamps again."

That was the first comment son #3 made to me after his drive home from the New Orleans airport. Swamps. Swamps!? He's a true south Louisianian, that's for sure.

He also commented on how different the water is here compared to Raleigh. He (along with his sister) swear the powers that be in Raleigh are putting something in Raleigh's water because of the drought. ?? (True south Louisianians, that's for sure.)

The kids were here. Now they're gone. It was the usual whirl-wind, enjoyed by all. Now I'm lonely -- and busy washing and putting away allllll those sheets and blankets. I'll be back soon to recap Christmas.

Hubby got a job offer yesterday. The job is down New Orleans way so it would be a longish commute (which many people here take daily), or he could spot the 5th wheel for convenience. He's on the phone on a phone interview for another job as I type. That job would be in St. Louis -- well, not in St. Louis but....close.

The washer and dryer are dinging my name so I'll be back later....

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I don't know your part of the country at all. Well, I was in NO in the 70's, passing through. I bet I'd love the swamps.e

5:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home