Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Let the holidays begin....

(since they are going to whether I like it or not) Moving right along....

My daughter (A) and I are not much alike -- she's more like her Dad and paternal grandmother (but she would die if I told her that!). But tonight she reminded me of one way we are similar. She called me around 11:30 pm (12:30 her time), and said, "Mom, stop cooking and go to bed!" How did she know I was waiting on the Bourbon-Chocolate Pecan Pie to finish baking? How did I know she must be cooking something of her own? Yep! She was making cookies and mashed potato casserole -- the kind you make ahead and bake the next day.

On holidays as she was growing up, she would always be there into the wee hours as I cooked. I don't know if it was because I was working, and with two jobs and four kids I couldn't find time during normal cooking hours, or if I am just that way. Whatever the reason, one or two nights before holidays I'd be cooking up a storm until late late and she'd be right there with me. I miss those days but I'm glad she remembers.

Have a happy, happy Thanksgiving everyone! ....I'm headed for bed before I cut a slice of that pie.

1 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

What a beautiful connection to your daughter.Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

6:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home