Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, October 16, 2008

This & That....

Not much happening on the rebuild this week. The contractor's supposed to finish grading the yard and that's about it. Next week the windows should be in and then the framers will supposedly finish framing up. Then the electrician and the floor guy will show up. I hope we can get stained concrete. Don't ask me why but I like the look. We'll see.

I had another two-hour dentist appointment Tuesday. A little drilling but mostly the appointment consisted of taking impressions for two caps and a three-tooth bridge. They should be in in about 4 weeks. He gave me lots and lots of novacain (or whatever they use) and my mouth is sore at the two injection sites. Could be worse....

The weather's muggy and boardering on hot again. A front's supposed to come through today or tomorrow and the weekend should be nice. At least this high pressure system that's keeping the cool fronts from getting to us is keeping the hurricanes in the tropics from getting to us, too. That's a good thing.

Tuesday, on the way home from the dentist, I stopped by Target for a Starbuck's to pick up a deli chicken and some odds and ends. I walked to the book section to try and find a book I'm thinking about reading, and while scanning the titles I noticed on a bottom shelf three stacks of books turned toward the floor so the titles wouldn't show. I thought maybe the book I was looking for might be in one of those stacks so I reached down, pushed the first stack upright, and then had to giggle. Same thing with the second stack. I didn't bother with the third stack because by then I'd figured out what had apparently happened. The books pushed forward so the titles wouldn't show were Obama's books. Don't cha just love election time. And....aren't you ready for it to just be over?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home