Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's true....

no need denying it, I am a control freak. The living spaces in the parts of the house that are still standing are getting less and less because we're filling it with stuff from the ruined part of the house. I thought about renting a Pod or storage space but that's money that could go for something else. So, everything's being squeezed wherever we can make room.

While this is happening, I find myself repeatedly dusting and vacuuming any open surface or floorspace left. Counterproductive I know, but...knowing doesn't stop me. It's like I don't know when to stop. I guess I'm fighting for normal in an abnormal situation. Silly, huh?

There are some good things happening. I think we have a contractor picked out. We met with him again last night and I think everyone understood and agreed on what was to be done. If things work out, my understanding is that work will start next week. Yipee! (I guess.) Something he said bothered me tho. He told us that the wall we're taking out probably saved the structure from falling in when the tree hit. (By structure does he mean the house?)

I told him if removing the wall would make the house structurally unsound then....forget it. But he said it wasn't a problem and that, anyway, the tree that could fall on it was gone now. Hummmm....

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh, I hope this is it. The right contractor and the start of getting your life back. Good luck!

8:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home