Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Sunday, August 31, 2008

It was a lovely day....




hot, but pretty.


A picture of my backyard just before we took down the swing.





We're as ready as we're going to be. We even managed to have Chinese delivered. The WalMarts in the area were mostly closed by noon, which was an odd feeling. Now we sit and wait -- enjoying the electricity while we have it. Gustav should be here in a few hours -- the first rain hit about an hour ago and the storm bands have started passing through. They are saying now that Baton Rouge will experience sustained hurricane force winds. First we heard Gustav would be here around midnight, then around 1 am, then midmorning. He hasn't made up his mind yet. The path is so tight now that 5 or 10 miles will make a big difference in the weather we experience. But....we're still on the wrong side of this storm.

This time tomorrow, I hope the worse will be about over. I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home