Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Long, easy, lovely, day....



So far, so good with the weather. Fay's supposedly heading east of us. It looks as if she's going to be a Florida storm. But, you never can tell with tropical storms or hurricanes, so we'll keep a close eye on her.

I never gloat when a storm decides to go to someone else instead of us -- I may be thankful, but I don't gloat. I know how it feels before, during, and after. Not fun. But, with Fay, if she stays basically a rain-maker, they say the Carolinas need the rain she'll bring them to help with the drought. I told my kids in North Carolina that it looks as if they are taking one for us.

So, with things looking better weather-wise, I fully unpacked my suitcase today and we bought some more goodies to stock up the condo. We were able to get in some good beach and pool time. Even though the season has peaked here, the beaches are more crowded than we're used to. When you come in the fall (or Christmas like last year) you get spoiled having things almost to yourselves. But, I like people and there's always room for a couple more towels and an umbrella.

And, if you noticed the picture up top (how could you not), you'll see we had time to visit a couple of our favorite souvenier shops. To get inside these stores you have your choice of walking through a ship, a shark's mouth, or a purple octopus. Fun, huh -- more so if you're under ten years old. Today we were visiting these shops looking for a bathing suit for J. Can you even believe he manages to always forget his bathing suit? He must have a dozen different ones at home (because he has to buy a new one each time we go to the beach) but he can't manage to arrive at the beach with a swimsuit. I guess I'm going to have to start making him a checklist. He hates that, but....I'm just saying....

Look at the clouds below. They fit the definition of ominous, don't they. Thankfully, so far, they blow right on over. We've had only sprinkles so far. We'll see how the rest of the week goes -- one day at a time.

I will tell you that on our way down here I was afraid that I'd regret not taking the trip insurance they are offering now. Fingers and toes still crossed.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home