Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The appointment best not kept....

So. Here's my dilemma. Yesterday, I kept that appointment with the *gastro guy* (as my rheumatologist called him). I had debated canceling because I didn't think it was really necessary. I didn't think it was necessary because my rheumatologist didn't think it was necessay. My rheumatologist didn't think it was necessary because *gastro guy* didn't think it was necessary when my rheumatologist had taken my chart upstairs (while I waited in the exam room) for *gastro guy* to look at the test results. But, before I could make my escape from the exam room, the rheumatologist said -- Let's get you an appointment with *gastro guy* anyway so when if you have any gallbladder problems down the road, you'll have a head start with your tests.

(That sounds like an afterthought, huh?)

So. Anywho. I go to my appointment and *gastro guy* actually spends lots of time asking me question. Lots of time. I must have said something wrong because he now wants me to have a dye test to see if there's a blockage in my gall bladder. If so, as he said so nonchalantly, we'll send you straight to a surgeon.

Here's what I'm inferring the problem is. Rheumy guy and gastro guy think something's up with my gallbaldder. But....as rheumy guy said -- "no surgeon will touch you with a ten foot pole because you're asymptomatic." So, it appears to me that these two doctors are joining forces to find some evidence that I can take (proud and smiling????) to a surgeon and say -- looky, looky! Cut away!

Now, I ask you. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? That's what I'm going to spend some time thinking about -- tomorrow. ;)

I'm not saying anything bad about my doctors. They are doing their job. As rheumy guy says so eloquently -- we don't want you doubling over in pain in three years. And....believe me. I know of what he speaks. J did just that on Thanksgiving a few years ago when he had a gallbladder attack. The nurses called it a Thanksgiving gallbladder because rich food has a way of bringing on an attack.

So I'll be mulling things over next week at the beach. Yep. We're going next week. I plan to start getting exicted about it later today. :) The weather looks very, very ify, but, who cares? Just staring at the sand and surf is healing to me.

BTW. We watched "Jumper" last weekend. It was okay. The effects got a little over the top for me at one point but overall it was a good popcorn movie. We watched "The Counterfeiters" last night. A very interesting and thought provoking movie I thought.

And....we have incoming and outgoing call capabilities on our home phone. Hip, hip, horay! (The caller id even shows up on the tv screen. How cool is that?)

So, call me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie Matthews said...

Email me at fyremonksgal@msn.com and we can discuss your gallbladder situation. I have just suffered for 2 years and finally had the test you are talking about and will be having my gallbladder out. I'm not an expert on it but I might be able to help you out a little bit.

Bonnie

10:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home