Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Did you know it's possible for your phone to work half-way?

Well, I'm here to tell you it is possible. Cox finally decided to show up and connect us to their digital phone service -- half-way. Here's the official party line: "Ma'am, for some reason your number wasn't portaled correctly so it'll take another 3-5 days for that to go through. In the meantime you can make outgoing calls but can't receive incoming calls. We can give you a temporary phone number if you want. We'll give you a call when the number's portaled and you'll know you can receive incoming calls cause....well, we'll be callin' you." (That last line was uttered with a smirk.)

So....my home phone is half-way working. And....less than an hour after the Cox guy left, after having told me I couldn't receive any incoming calls on my home phone....my home phone rang. Swear to G-d. It was a wrong number. So....I figured somehow, someway, the fates were taking pity on me and the phone was working all the way. So....I called son #3 and asked him to call the home phone. He called. He said he heard it ringing (you heard a busy signal before today). But, at home, I didn't hear anything. I then realized I could have called my home phone from my cell phone so I tried doing just that. No luck. The home phone just sat there, silent. Oh, well. I can't help wonder how that one call got through.

At least I can lay my head on my pillow tonight knowing that no repairmen will show up bright and early in the morning. At least, none that I know of.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

It was actually great to read your story from start to almost done. Can't wait to hear the news that you got a phone call meant for you. If nothing else this experience has made for a great story. When's that vacation?

6:41 AM

 
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Oy vey!

5:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home