Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ouch!

Well....the dreaded dentist visit is over! (I'm talking about my dentist visit -- not son #3's, who BTW is doing much better.)

Yesterday I had a tooth extracted and five -- count them, five! teeth prepped for crowns. Three and one-half hours it took. (Sympathy anyone?) I didn't feel a thing -- thank the good lord! Well, truth be told, the injection in the palette before the extraction did sting a bit, but, considering the alternative.... I love my dentist. We've been going to him since we moved to Baton Rouge years and years ago. He has a famiy practice and makes you feel part of the family.

So, now, while waiting for the site of the extraction to heal, I have a temporary hunk of plastic in my mouth covering the missing and prepped teeth. It's one piece (I can feel that when I run my tongue along the back ) but (from the front) looks just like real teeth. It actually looks better than my real teeth did. Amazing. In about three months I'll be fitted for the permanent three tooth bridge and two crowns.

I tried not to think about the fact that all this work was being done on the top, center, front of my mouth. ....Kind of hard to hide if things went badly. Like I said -- I trust my dentist. He kept thinking the teeth were too long but I really couldn't feel enough to be of much help and the other dentist and the hygenist thought they looked good. But....I think he's correct and I'm going to have to have him shorten them because I tend to hit them a bit when I bite down and say certain words. I'm waiting a couple of days because I don't want to go within ten miles of that place any time soon because I still have some swelling but we'll see.... Odd to say you need to run by the dentist office and have your teeth shortened. !!

What a boring post. Shows you how exciting my life is right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I am steadily putting off root canal. So, I hear ya!

6:10 PM

 
Blogger east village idiot said...

Excuse me....there ain't nothin boring about your post. I cannot believe how brave you are!!!

7:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home