Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

And then there were seven -- at least....



Okay. This is not funny. We started out seeing possum and raccoons at our back door. Two huge raccoons. Sunday night when I saw the cat staring out the door I counted at least seven raccoons. Two big ones and five or six little ones (not that little). They don't spook. I can stand on the other side of the glass door, staring at them and they just stare back. The cat's not even alarmed anymore. She just sits there and tilts her head while staring at them.

I think my problem is that J is feeding them. Yep. I wonder how many other people are doing the same. While downloading the picture from google images that you see above, I saw an article that said urban raccoons are a nuisance -- killing cats and small dogs and biting home owners. Ewwww!

I'm gonna tell J that and suggest he quit feeding the things. Through the years while he was away working, son #3 and I would see possum and raccoons from time to time but we never thought of feeding them. If J doesn't stop I've got another idea. Thanks to the critters my yard needs to be pooper scooped. So....if I hire someone to do it, J will most definitely stop his foolishness.

BTW, I watched 27 Dresses yesterday. Loved it! I almost didn't even consider it because I thought it'd be too young-ish for me. Katherine Heigl was a treat to watch. This weekend we get to watch (a la J) 10,000 B C. So looking forward to that. Yawn....

Oh, and might I mention that Wii tennis is kicking my a**?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

I loved 27 dresses! A great. light and funny movie. And, I'm thrilled that you liked the tomato pie. Did your crust come out soggy? I haven't made it yet this summer. I have lots of basil and need to buy the tomatoes. Yum!

3:49 PM

 
Blogger east village idiot said...

My friend played wii tennis and nearly destroyed her living room. Racoons circling your home like a wagon train is enough to scare anyone!

7:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home