Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, June 06, 2008

Two Jack's with a twist later....



Sheesh! That's a big bottle.

Well, things picked up a bit when a long-lost friend called with an invitation to meet at an almost forgotten bar near LSU. (I hadn't been there in ages.) Calls went out to a couple of other long-neglected friends and soon we ended up with a celebration that moved from drinks to dinner, back to drinks, and then to music. The music wasn't so hot but the company made up for it. We made a stop at one of the city's gay clubs in remembrance of a close friend -- still alive and kickin' -- just far away. We called him while there to tell him we loved him and were thinking about him and unknown to us he called the manager who went out of his way to make us comfortable with some delicious food and drinks, but most of all with his company and conversation -- he knows our friend well and shared in our memories. Has anyone else noticed how comfortable you can be at a gay club -- when you're not gay? Now. Be forwarned. You must know what you're doing and choose carefully !! but, keeping that in mind, it can be a treat. And....if you have a far away friend, you might not have to pay the cover.

It was a good night. Good food. Good drink. But most of all, good friends. Then it was back to reality, which would be J calling with news about what he's thinking of doing with that house. He's supposedly signing with a realtor -- we'll see. I'd bet doughnuts to dollars that he ends up renting it. Anywho....he's coming home either tonight or tomorrow so I'm cooking. We had so many banana peppers ripen at once that I had to look on line for a recipe. I found one that's in the oven as I type. I think it'll be good. Of course, you usually have to make something at least once before you get it to your liking. Next time I'll use regular ground beef instead of Italian sausage. Stuffed banana peppers, fresh tomatoes, veggies and cornbread will be what we'll feast on this weekend. I think I'll make a Jello pie to finish off the meal. And think about watering the dying shrubs later today. It's been hot and dry here.

Well, that's it for me. Barfly (and I use that term very loosly) one night, house wife the next. Isn't that the way it is with married life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home