Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Whew!



Well, the kids have come and gone and the house is empty once again -- except for leftovers and a mountain of laundry. Anybody want any potato salad or deviled eggs? For some reason I made way to much. Along with the potato salad and deviled eggs we had the usual baked beans and barbequed chicken. And a big pot of spaghetti. All of that was fillers for before and/or after we ate out. Burp. Son #3 cooked a huge breakfast one morning and the kids had brought in breads and pastries from a little bakery I'd told them about in Cary. *Here's a little something I thought was funny. When the kids were looking for a house in North Carolina their realtor was showing them around Cary and told them it stood for -- containment area for relocated yankees. I hope no one is offended because their realtor is from way up north herself.

We also had an big ice cream cake -- chocolate cake filled with chocolate chip ice cream and iced with mint chocolate chip ice cream. Son #2's favorite. It was good and Baskin-Robbins did a super job decorating it. That's about it for food. Thank god!

I didn't feel quite so bad about eating so much because we worked out on Wii Fit a lot. A lot. You see, I have a Wii hidden away in the closet for J's Father's Day gift. The kids know this so they pre-ordered me a Wii Fit for Mother's Day and it arrived last week. So....we took the Wii out of the closet and the kids pretended it was theirs they'd brought along, and they got to show us all about the Wii and we tried out lots of different games. They also pretended the Wii Fit was theirs. I thought we were going to have to give the Wii to J early because he kept saying he was going to buy me one. He even went on ebay looking for one. Son #2 lied told him the ones they sold on ebay had some kind of bad chip in them and that stopped J from looking. So the Wii is back in the closet waiting for Father's Day. I told J the kids were looking for us one in Raleigh. Do you go to hell for lying?

The kids left Monday night around 9:30 and drove all night. That's the way they like to do it. They made it home safe and sound. Tuesday I started cleaning and attacking all that laundry. After the third load of blankets I noticed water backing up into the bathtub -- again. So....the third call in eight months went out to Roto Rooter. The guy pulled out a five foot string of roots. He said it looked like someone didn't do a good job cleaning out the last time. If it happens again anytime soon he suggested letting him put a camera down the line to see what's going on. $300. Sheesh!

That was how I spent my Tuesday. Today I went in to have my hair cut and highlighted and stopped by FedEx to mail something back and then came home to even more laundry. Oh. We ate two of our tomatoes last night and they were very good. I just came in from watering the tomatos and peppers and receiving complements from the fishermen passing by in their boats.

Well, time to change out the washer and dryer. I don't know if I'll ever finish up all these sheets and blankets and towels and....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home