Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, May 09, 2008

At least they died happy....



Bad beer + unwanted petunia-eating slugs = dead (but probably happy) slugs.

I don't know if you can really see what's happening in the above picture but....in addition to the couple of slugs already drowned in beer there are three more making their way to dive in. Is this consider a green way of killin' the slimy things?

When I started writing this post I realized I probably should contain my glee at killing off garden pests. If you're not from these parts you might not understand our near reverent admiration for godsends like Bengal Roach Spray and Talstar fireant killer. If you're not from these parts you might also believe that roaches don't fly. Yeah! I believed that one time, too. When I lived in B'ham where roaches haven't yet developed super powers. And if anyone had told me the lovely bayou country I was moving too had stinging caterpillars that crawled and dropped off the huge Spanish moss laden branches of oak trees onto bare shoulders as you walked under them, well....I just wouldn't have come.

Okay. Enough of this. You people are going to start thinking I have a problem.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I couldn't see in the photo, but really, it's okay that I didn't

;)

1:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home