Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Monday, April 28, 2008

I had a dream......



I love dream catchers and may buy one from this site to add to my small collection, but....back to the dream.

This morning, after waking up as J. left for work and then falling back asleep I had a disturbing dream. About son #3. He and I were in a house I didn't recognize and he wanted me to drive him to a friend's house (a boy who actually lived across the street from us years ago) to play some kind of game. I asked son #3 why he didn't walk because the friend's house was only a couple of doors down (I remember counting how far away) and the friend usually walked up to our house. But then I noticed son #3 was loaded down with metal tool chests (the kind J. stores his metal wargaming figures in). I knew these chests were heavy so I decided since it wasn't far to drive son #3.

Okay. We're in the car and son #3 is driving. He's going down a big long hill. Going down the hill fast. I'm saying SLOW DOWN! He doesn't. As we zoom past a stop sign I panic and start screaming, STOP! PUT ON THE BREAKS! Son #3's face is terrified -- like he's frozen. I think he's pressing the brake but the car doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Now we're heading down hill toward a line of stopped cars and our car does seem to be slowing down but before we can stop we're rear ended. Next we're out of the car (no one hurt) and I notice other people with their license and proof of insurance out so I reach in the glove compartment for mine. And guess what? It's not there. Nope. I realize J. took the papers out to do something and didn't return them. I think I found proof of ownership/bill of sale/whatever that is. But no insurance. And it's J's fault. I then realize that I have a Louisiana license the car has Florida tags (don't ask -- this part's true).

I wake up really pissed at J.

How the dream went from son to father is something I didn't realize until I was writing it.

Now....enough about me and my dreams. To make amends for this b-o-r-i-n-g post here's a link to what I'll be listening to as I vacuum all these floors waiting for me. I love the Flying Neutrinos. Don't you think Ingrid Lucia sounds a lot like Billie Holiday? Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home