Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, April 19, 2008

My roses are blooming......




and my bud vases (all two of them) are full, so....this is what I had handy for two roses whose blooms are fading -- fast. Why is it that their smell seems to be strongest as they are wilting? I don't know but these two roses smelled so good I just couldn't toss them out.

Now, I have some beautifully perfect roses and rose buds in my bud vases so I wondered last night why it was I kept gazing at these particular roses and smiling. Then I realized why. They are really tacky sitting there in their empty Corona bottle (Corona light at that) but I find them so pleasing. In the past, J. has labeled some of my choices as tacky. (Like the bottle top earrings I wanted at a fleamarket. I mean, come on now, who could pass up Coke bottle-top earrings? I'm just asking....)

I guess last night proved it. I am a tacky person with tacky taste. Now that that's settled, guess I'll go to the fridge and empty another Corona bottle for more wilting roses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home