Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Friday, April 04, 2008

Choosing your battles......



I don't toot my own horn (so to speak) very much, but....I've always seemed to be aware of the wisdom of choosing one's battles. I don't know if it was something I was taught, something I observed, or something that just came naturally, but I'm glad I had the knowledge before I had my children. Made life easier in that particular area.

I often worried if I was actually choosing to not make an issue of many things or if I was avoiding confrontation. Whichever it was it seems to have worked for me -- and others. I'm just not bugged by many things. If something does bug me -- I change it. Pronto!

Over a month ago I ordered some sage sticks/bundles to smudge (purify) my home. I've not tried smudging before but I've been intrigued by the idea for a while. So, I order and I wait and I wait and I wait and.... Nothing comes in the mail so I contact the business I ordered from. They suggested I give the tracking number to the post office for them to trace the package. Since the package wasn't insured I didn't think the post office would do anything so I wasn't sure what to do next.

After thinking about it (and trying everything I could think of) I decided to let it go and learn from it. Sure I felt aggravated (for a short time) but I realized there wasn't much I could control. No insurance = no refund. But....even though I accepted the situation I still had positive thoughts that some way things would work out. I just trusted the universe to handle things.

Imagine my surprise today when I opened an email from the business I'd ordered from telling me that my package had been returned to them -- stamped "insufficient address information." I have no idea why because the address was correct, but.... whatever. I was told they would reship or refund my money. I told them to reship (using the same address) and see if the package would make its way here.

So my package is on its way -- again. I did have to pay shipping (again) but, hey, what can you do?

Here's hoping.

3 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

choosing your battles wisely is one of the greatest, wisest gifts you can have. god knows I'm still trying to learn that fine art.

3:16 PM

 
Blogger Frank said...

Hi Ellesu,

Thanks for choosing my coloring page at this posting :-), but I'd be even more happy if you'd attribute this boxing girl picture to my website, like it says on my copyright page at http://www.letmecolor.com/copyright/ (see Creative Commons link).

Keep up the good work! Best wishes, Frank

1:17 PM

 
Blogger ellesu said...

Oops! So sorry frank. I probably should only be using my own pictures. I wasn't trying to steal it. I may be using google images more liberally than I should. Thanks for understanding.

9:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home