Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This & That......



Another one of those days to be highlighted by checking the Netflix queue to see what's next. Last week the first available on my queue were numbers 7 & 8 -- so I wasn't too hopeful. However, it ended up being a two-movie weekend and both movies were enjoyable. Dan in Real Life -- laughed lots. Mafioso -- laughed, yet felt so sorry for the poor dude. (If you've seen the movie you may understand why the sorry part could be seen as questionable.) It was a good weekend with lots of time -- not one of those that seem to fly by. Nice.

Son #3's birthday is a couple of weeks away. He has every game system known to man (if he doesn't have it, the sister and brother he lives with has it), yet he's hinting he wants a PSP (portable PlayStation). Why? While talking to A. yesterday, she told me he's trying to ask for money for the Disney trip the group's taking later this year, but....that PSP's tempting him. It's going to be interesting to see which choice wins this internal battle. ....I think he's going to receive the money.

I got a surprise email from the grad student whose apartment I rented at Columbia last summer. We never met (she had already left for Paris [lucky her] when I arrived), but we certainly communicated lots by email. She was so nice and helpful, so careful that I knew what to expect with her apt. I'm ashamed to say that a couple of times before I left BR I got suspicious because, you know, you're supposed to always get ripped off in NY. Right? Gotta be extremely careful. Well, she was/is a jewel. She and I were both cautious. Everything was handled through Columbia -- applications, approval, etc.

Well, before I forget where I was going with this....she sent me an email telling me if I make it to New York again to let her know because she'd like to meet up. I thought that was so nice. Sigh. I guess I'll have to go back now. ;)

Oh! I ordered a new coffeemaker. A Cuisinart. I've been using my Mr. Coffee for eons and I'm not really liking the cups it's putting out so I started looking around and found good reviews for this coffeemaker. Actually, what started the whole mess was a coffeemaker I saw on sale in a Williams Sonoma catalog. I went online to buy it, thought I should do a search and see if I could get it cheaper, and found the reviews on Amazon. I'm glad I did because after reading the reviews I understood why the thing was on clearance. So....I started looking around and found this one. It should be here later this week. I can't wait. I've never thought much about the coffeemaker having much to do with a good cup; I always thought it was the actual coffee itself. We'll see.

BTW, the day after ordering the new coffeemaker, as I was pouring my first cup from my Mr. Coffee, the top of the white plastic handle popped off. Thank goodness I was pouring over the sink. I took that as a sign.

Well, off to see if Netflix's made a decision yet. Such an interesting life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home