Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Nice and easy......




Today's one of those days that just seem easy. Maybe it's the weather. Beautifully sunny and cool. Whatever it is, I'm savoring it. I woke up feeling at peace. I didn't dread going to Target for some much needed shopping. In fact I looked forward to it (and the Starbucks). There wasn't too much I had to get, so it left the visit open to leisurely wend my way through the store. I started in the book section, chose a birthday card for son #3's upcoming birthday (along with some gag gifts that were on clearance), and checked on several other odds and ends before heading to the grocery section.

I was buying ingredients for some new recipes so that relieved a bit of the usual routine. I was hoping to pick up a deli roasted chicken but they weren't ready so on a whim I picked up a pot roast. It's in the oven now, prepared according to Pioneer Woman's pot roast recipe. It smells heavenly. Of course, soon after I put it in the oven, J. called telling me he'd had a big lunch -- barbeque. Sigh! I thought about calling him before I fixed it, but --since I felt like going to the trouble to fix it today, I did. He'll either have a small plate or have it tomorrow with veggies. And the left-overs will be waiting for barbeque sandwiches this weekend. :)

Yesterday I popped in Chris' and picked up some seafood gumbo (and a couple of crab cakes) for Sunday. Along with some tamales, meat pies, corn and shrimp soup, stuffed jalapenos.... So Easter dinner's set. Feels good.

Before leaving Target I made a stop at Starbucks for a soy Caffe Mocha. 5 points on Weight Watchers -- but who's counting? The only problem so far today was driving the shopping cart with one hand while trying not to spill the magic (hot) Starbucks brew. I haven't perfected it yet, but I'm getting better.

2 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

Can I come over to your house for Easter?!

6:26 PM

 
Blogger ellesu said...

Yes, ma'am. You'd be most welcome. :)

11:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home