Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Happy Birthday to A.!



Today is my one and only daughter's birthday. She is such a blessing to me. Growing up with three brothers wasn't entirely easy for her at times. Potty training her (with two older brothers as role models) provided some challenges. She thought she should stand up to pee. But she quickly took charge (and remains in charge to this day). It wasn't unusual to see her brothers running to their rooms to hide behind closed doors after they teased her and she resorted to chasing them with a baseball bat (plastic). Their laughing behind closed (and locked) doors infuriated her. Trying to have a sister for her proved fruitless. She ended up with yet another brother.

She was a sports whiz. Select team in soccer, varsity volleyball, golf -- anything she tried. She's intelligent. She's kind. She's accomplished. She's a delight to me (most of the time). And, even though she can't boil pasta, I love her more than words can express.

She's spending her birhtday weekend at a North Carolina beach. The weather's supposed to be stormy and warm today. Freezing tonight. Clear and cool tomorrow. Back to freezing tomorrow night. But beach weather doesn't matter to her. You see, and this is someting that baffles me, as much as she loves going to the beach....she doesn't like sand -- much less water. So, this weekend will be spent searching for out-of-the-way shopping and restaurants. She'll spend her time in the company of her best friends (along with two of her brothers). I hope for her a perfect weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful daughter!!! I bet she's just like her mama.

7:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home