Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

After a very warm, humid, stormy night......



today has turned out to be sunny and chilly. That's unusual for down this way. Normally, if the sun's out there's no way it's gonna be cool -- much less chilly. But, today it is. I think two fronts blew through yesterday and last night. The biggie came through just as Oprah's online class started (wouldn't you just know?). And, of course, it ended as the class was ending. That wasn't a problem because about 20 minutes into the class the video started hanging up. Finally, the entire feed was lost. Oh, well. It's supposed to be available on her site so I'll catch it there.

I don't know if my problems were from the weather or Cox. I do know that I won't mention it to many people I know because they'll say that it was meant to be. The lines between religion and spirituality are often blurred down this way. I can't help but view it as fear.

J. is going to one of his music group practices. He's writing songs now. Actually the ones I've read are pretty good. A guy at work knows a former guitarist who worked with Jerry Garcia (or has some similar connection). Anywho....J. had shown this guy at work a couple of his songs and now the guy wants to help J. make a demo disc. So, of course, J. now thinks he'll make his fortune in song writing. ....Are there many writers (song or otherwise) who make money? I thought J. had learned that lesson with art.

I decided to catch up with my online banking today. I usually let it go so long I dread doing it. I saw two pending PayPal transaction I didn't recognize. Last week I order a couple of things for A.'s b'thday and paid through PayPal, but those have already cleared the bank. I called J. and he said he hasn't ordered anything. Neither of our PayPal accounts show transactions for those amounts. So....I sent off an email to PayPal requesting details (items ordered and from whom). I decided to call my bank and see if they had any details. They didn't, but since the transactions were pending they took them off. They canceled my debit card and are issuing me another one. Sheesh! I'm so afraid those charges are things I ordered and forgot about, but I can't think what they could be. Now to change the debit card #s on all the bill paying sites I use. I just did that the first of the year when I got my new card. Oh, well.

Son #3 feels he did pretty well on his midterm yesterday. We'll see. He takes his final Thursday. Come to find out he has to take these tests before next week. He's taking a correspondence course and that's the deadline. He now has residency in NC and after this course (if he makes the grade) he'll be able to start applying to colleges in the state. I truly don't think my kids will all be out of school before they put me in the ground -- or burn me to ashes (which is my wish).

I would be proud of myself today if it weren't for Sister Schubert's forzen rolls. I love them! J. has music practice tonight. I had plans to meet a friend for dinner, but she had to go out-of-town. So, next on the agenda was to pick up something really fattening to eat -- or order it to be delivered. But, I resisted the temptation. I thought I'd eat sensibly here -- until I spied that package of SS's rolls hiding in my freezer. I just popped three of them in the oven. So much for good intentions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home