Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Monday, March 03, 2008

This *letting go* stuff?



Letting go of stuff you've been carrying around for so long can take work, but.... it's worth the effort. This weekend (my big tests seem to come on the weekends) I faced a midterm exam -- so to speak. I did okay. At least I learned and will do better on the next test. Areas I need to work on were pointed out to me.

During this Lenten season I've been focusing on letting go of resentment. Did you know that letting go of resentment includes letting go of judgment? For me at least. A little lagniappe. When you realize that what someone is doing or saying to you isn't really personal, that we're all wounded souls striking out in pain, it's easier to step back and get a grip. Put things in focus. Then the question becomes, why am I in this situation. Was it intended. Is there a lesson here for me. Can I help this other person. Can they help me. How long do I stay. That, to me, is the hard part. Finding the answers to those question, because I fully believe I can't escape my problems-to-be-solved/lessons-to-be-learned by running away. Those problems/lessons will be wherever I go -- waiting for me. Believe me.

So, that, along with some good reading was my weekend. How about yours?

Oh. I also watched "The Brave One." Didn't really like it. I got frustrated with Jodi Foster's (who I usually love) character. How she got all bothered after killing someone. I mean, if you kill someone and feel badly afterwards -- DON'T DO IT AGAIN! Of course I think that was one of the points of the movie -- a vigilante who felt bad instead of justified after doing her deed. The only reason I finished watching was to see the city -- it was set in and around NYC. Same as "Gone Baby Gone." I watched it last week. Really didn't like it. But....I did find the areas of Boston it was set in interesting. My daughter kept bugging us suggested we rent "Stardust." We did. Watched it over the weekend, too. It was okay. I normally don't enjoy those kinds of movies, but this one did hold my interest til the end.

That's about it. Except that son #3 will be taking an algebra midterm at 1 pm est. He'd appreciate all good thoughts, wishes, vibes. If the front coming my way this evening doesn't knock out my power, I'll be in Oprah's virtual classroom tonight. Anyone else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home