Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Could this day get any *better *?

I know. I know. I really, really shouldn't ask this, but....

J. called and shouted said that he didn't want to see the New York Times in his driveway anymore. Never! Ever!

My Sunday delivery of the NYTimes is one of my naughty little vices that try his patience (according to him), along with any book Oprah has recommended (wonder if that includes the Bible?), and the time waaaay back in college when I took an African American Lit class (no matter that the books I was learning about would hopefully be of interest to most of the students I'd be teaching). Things like that classify me as a liberal -- in his mind. Shows you what a sheltered life he's led.

I really wish the Times hadn't published that article about McCain.

His edict reminded me of all the times he used to tell me that he didn't want any of his money spent in that damn French store. He was referring to Target. I had to show him online how he (and all his conspiracy buddies) was incorrect.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned that because our conversation went downhill -- fast -- after that. Blame it on the weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home