Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, February 14, 2008

I hope someone special tells you......



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! ....If not, let me have the honor -- HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

When you were in school did you exchange those little valentines your mom bought in a package? If you did, wasn't it fun going home and spending the evening pulling out all the valentines, reading the names on back, and feeling that thrill when you read the caption on the card that certain boy had chosen just for you?

My first *boy* valentine memory was when I was somewhere around six years old. A boy from my class left a box of candy on my front door stoop. My oldest brother had somehow learned of the boy's plans so my brother (and a couple of his friends) was waiting on him. As the doorbell rang, my brother yanked open the door and my classmate flew over the front porch railing. I say flew because we lived at the top of a hill and our house was built on yet another hill. It's a wonder that poor kid didn't break anything. I was mortified. My dad (and my brother and his friends) thought it was hilarious.

Tuesday while getting my hair cut (and colored and highlighted....) I told the girls in the salon how my husband usually waits until the day after Valentine's Day (or any holiday) to buy me candy. He actually brags to me about it. Says he can get me twice as much because it's on clearance. He really doesn't get it.

But....this morning I got out of bed and as I stumbled up the hall, hell bent on getting to the coffee pot, I noticed the light was on over the table in the bay. J. had already left for work and I couldn't figure out why he'd left the light on. As I walked up to the table I saw the candy, the card, and the single rose. Awwww!

It was so sweet and such a nice way to start the day. I guess he's realized that stores don't necessarily put candy on sale the day after Valentine's anymore....

1 Comments:

Blogger east village idiot said...

I am so happy to read this post. You deserve a big beautiful valentines day!

6:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home