Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Monday, February 25, 2008

Whispering Sweet Little Nothings in my Ear......



Sunday morning, when I turned on my cell phone, there were two voice mails waiting for me. I hadn't turned my cell off until around midnight Saturday night, so who could it be calling in the wee hours I wondered. Nothing for it but to listen and find out, so I started pressing the keys that let me listen.

Both messages were from the same guy. Yes. A guy. Calling me in the wee hours, speaking with a voice that was husky, sexy, and drunk as a coot. A voice full of need. He needed me to call. He needed to know that I was all right. He needed to learn more about me. He needed to know I was safe at home.

The only problem was....he thought he was talking to somebody whose name must begin with *C* because that's what he called her. *C* If her C name was pronounced with a hard C -- resulting in a K -- I'd have freaked out. Because then it could have really been me he needed so. Oh, well.

Another call came in later in the day. I didn't hear it. J. did. He informed the dude of his mistake. I hope he found his C. Unless....she intentionally gave him a wrong number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home