Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Thursday, March 06, 2008

A feeling of change is in the air......



From time to time, do you ever get the feeling that something's about to change? You just feel unsettled? I've had the feeling before, and lately I have the feeling again. It may just be that I'm ready for some sort of change, or maybe something's really in the works. I guess we'll see. I find my plans for today include an online search for mountain cabins for sale -- not to rent, but to buy. We'll see.

Son #3 takes his final today. He tests in North Carolina and then the test is mailed back to Baton Rouge to be graded and then his results are mailed back to him in NC. Sheesh! This means he doesn't know how he did on the midterm he took Monday. The boy drives me crazy sometimes! He seems to like pressure. Oh! I almost forgot. .....Letting go....

A. got her popcorn from Garretts yesterday. I had told son #3 to hide it in his room until her birthday -- on Saturday. But....I got a text last night from A. thanking us and telling us she had almost made herself sick she ate so much. I suspected as much. She likes to celebrate her birthday allllll week. They are going to Emerald Isle -- on Carolina's Crystal Coast for a long weekend. Sounds lovely. J., son #3, and I spent several weekends at Wilmington and Wright's (I think it was) beaches while J. worked in NC. J. almost drowned there. Story later, maybe -- since he's alive and kickin' it's not too exciting. Maybe A.'s roommates will wait and give her the card and little goodie bag I mailed her until her actual birthday! If she knows they are there, she'll open them. I noticed she waited to text me until she was headed to bed and turning off her phone. She knew I wouldn't call that late to scold chide for the popcorn.

J. and I watched "Waitress" last night. I loved it. Laughed out loud a few times. I was so cheering for her character to make her break. The overall movie reminded me of one of my favorite movies, "Chocolat."

Well, off to look at those cabins. (The bathrooms and leaves piling up in front of both doors will have to wait....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home