Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Please join me in a hearty Alleluia......



Son #3 made a B on his algebra midterm. Alleluia! Alleluia!

He still hasn't recieved his grade on the final (he took the final two days after he took the midterm), but he tells me that points-wise he's okay to pass the course. We shall see. It appears he's good to go on applying to the two schools he's interested in attending. I'm trying not to allow myself to completely form the thought that I may have to go back to work to help with his expenses. I'll think about that tomorrow....

I'm going to spend the rest of the day in a state of grateful relief. Not just because he passed (that would be reason enough), but because if he hadn't passed I would have partially blamed myself. Maybe he would have too?? Since I homeschooled him from grade four on through high school, every test he's had to pass seemed like a test for me. Could he get into college? He did. Once accepted into a college, could he adjust and perform? He did.

I thought once he had two years of college under his belt all was fine, but noooOOOOoooo. He changes schools and majors. His new major requires more math. And....I was his math teacher for algebra, geometry, and trig. Me! An English Education major. Teaching math. He and I had done pretty good with the homeschooling thing until the math part. You see, son #3 (even tho I love him with all my heart) is lazy. It was like pulling teeth to get him to show his work in math. He wanted to figure it out in his head (and did a fairly good job of it). Frustrated me no end.

But, we made it through and I guess he has a decent foundation. Now....can I finally stop worrying? Can I let any mistakes and failures he makes be his -- alone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home