Little did I know when I started this blog that the title would expand, requiring me to ask this question of so many new situations in my life....

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Luck



Do you look for meaning in your everyday experiences? Or do you find yourself just reacting to whatever happens. Saying..Yes, yes, yes, when things go your way. Saying..No,no, no, when they don't. This weekend I heard a talk on luck, but to me it was really a talk on living your life intentionally. Being in the moment. It's taken me a l-o-n-g time but I'm finally reallizing what it is to live in the moment.

I like to think that everything that happens to me, happens for a purpose. All the events of my everyday life are holding a message. Preparing me. It's taking the time (and having the smarts) to figure out the message that gives me a problem. I'm the type person who wants to go from A to B -- in as short of time as possible. So, once I buy into the "every experience contains a message" thingie I want to know what the message is after every frickin' experience! It drives me batty realizing that some messages come in their own time and are d-r-a-w-n o-u-t. Maddenly drawn out.

And, yes, I realized this points out several of the areas I personally need to work on. It's just so frustrating to me when I can't identify a problem. Make a plan. And then work the plan -- quickly and efficiently. But, alas, life doesn't work that way. For me at least. I needed to hear that talk.

What do you think of this comment, "Don't curse the darkness. Missing the bus may have been a blessing."

....I have such a hard time with that. I guess because I so don't want to practice being open to the bad things (the darkness of life). Call me a whimp.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I tend to try to find a lightness in every day. Even when the day ain't so bright. It's a practiced way of thinking that has helped me tremendously in my life.

But I totally get what you are saying here.

2:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home